Re: [Xen-users] Re: [Xen-devel] Xen document day (Oct 12 or 26)

On Sun, 2011-10-30 at 20:58 +0000, Florian Heigl wrote:
> - most of the pages being immutable so you couldn't even fix stuff.

This one is a protective measure against spammers (which have been a big
problem in the past). I sure hope media wiki has some better mechanisms
than requiring every account to be manually authorised as an editor (I'm
sure it must do!). It's a big barrier to "drive by fixups" as well as
presenting an initial barrier which even longer term contributors have
to cross.

Ian.