Re: [Xen-users] Re: [Xen-devel] Xen document day (Oct 12 or 26)

Great work on categorizing/marking all the pages everyone!

The path is clear now to write some really good documentation. :)

I have started work on a Beginners Guide which is effectively a step by step guide to a functional install on Debian Sqeeze.
Currently this is the most frictionless and least "magic" way to get Xen up and running and forms a good basis to experiment with more advanced Xen features.
The aim of the guide is to introduce all key concepts, get people playing with Xen in a environment that is relatively fully featured but not too daunting to setup. It covers everything from basic virtualisation, storage and networking through to starting, stopping guests and getting Windows running ontop of Xen.

You can see my progress up on this Google doc: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1q9odKP8Id26J8kHCAFt8aD5krXdUiZnZGw1Q-LGWCJg/edit
Will format for wiki and publish when it is done.

If anyone would like to contribute feel free to contact me, comments/suggestions are more than welcome.

Moving on from this I will write a more advanced Debian specific guide that delves into setting up complex networking, guest isolation techniques, storage virtualisation and all those goodies.

Very excited to see all the awesome things coming out of this and definitely recommend we have a monthly thing where we get together and decide on how we can improve documentation.
Once a direction has been established it's easy to sit down and get stuff done.

Joseph.