From: Florian Heigl <florian.heigl@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: 2011/10/25
Subject: Examples for using xl migrate -s ?
To: Xen Users <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi,

I must find a way around the way live migration now uses ssh. I tested
it and I see high cpu usage by SSH and overall sense of things being
slow.
My prod systems have a dedicated, fast link for live migration, but
with ssh it would be crippled down to a <1Gbit.
Does anyone have a working example of how to not use SSH as the transport layer?

I guess this is what the -s option is for, but I don't really get how
it's intended to be used.

What I can think of ( -s "ssh other box, run netcat listener there;
launch nc locally and receive migration data) sounds absolutely
disgusting...

Thanks for any pointers,
Florian

--
the purpose of libvirt is to provide an abstraction layer hiding all
xen features added since 2006 until they were finally understood and