[Xen-devel] RFC: xencomm in common

To: xen-devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] RFC: xencomm in common
From: Tristan Gingold <Tristan.Gingold@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 10:03:55 +0200
Cc: xen-ppc-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, xen-ia64-devel <xen-ia64-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 00:59:36 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

xencomm is the ppc infrastructure to do hypercalls with guest physical
addresses instead of virtual address.

Because ia64 should also use physicall address, I think it's better to re-use
the ppc code and to put into common code.

I'd propose to submit this patch is every part is OK (ie no NAK).

This patch creates include/xen/xencomm_access.h which is to be included by
asm/guest_access.h.  It also creates common/xencomm.c which is compiled only
if HAS_XENCOMM is y in Rules.mk.

Arch using xencomm should defines a few arch-specific macros and function.

I will submit the linux side soon.

Tristan.