RE: [Xen-devel] wget and Zope crashes on post-2.0.6 -testing

On Thu, 2 Jun 2005, Ian Pratt wrote:

and dom2, not dom0 (no other domains on the machine). But I
will try to reproduce this on another machine. It might be a
lot easier if there was a 2.0.6 demo CD, though...

Funny you should say that....

Please don't all download it at once, but there's a preview avilable at:

I tried the demo CD and was able to reproduce this wget crash with it on an old Pentium III desktop PC. The recipe is basically the same as before, but I'll repeat it here:

1. boot the 2.0.6 demo CD in text mode
2. ifup eth0
3. wget ftp://alien.ssl.berkeley.edu/pub/setiathome-3.08.i686-pc-linux-gnu.tar
4. untar, run, and background setiathome (with ^Z and bg)
5. run wget a few times (took some half a dozen attempts for me)

When you've had wget crash, you can try some of the other tests in
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.emulators.xen.devel/10628

Since this happens on a random PC with the demo CD, I'll bet that this is not some obscure problem with the specific hardware or software installation but a real bug in Xen.

-Osma

--
*** Osma Suominen / MB Concert Ky *** osma.suominen@xxxxxxxxxxxx ***