Re: Possible bug? DOM-U network stopped working after fatal error reported in DOM0

> > Please find the trace and the kernel CL below.
> > Note, the domU get stuck into a bootloop with this assertion as the
> > situation will come back after domU restart and only dom0 reboot can
> > get the situation back to normal.
> > The trace I captured below is within the boot loop. I suspect the
> > initial trigger may look different. Will give it another try soon.

I think I figured out the cause of the boot loop.
It was not due to some mystery offender packet from the FreeBSD domU
surviving across reboot,
but because the windows iSCSI initiator keeps retrying :-).

That said, I did pay some prices figuring this out.
The boot-loop seems to have brought my box into a weird state that those disks
behind the controller keep detaching soon after NAS domU reboot.
Rebooting the physical host does not help this time.
I was almost desperate but thankfully running the NAS on the physical
host directly still works.
And switching it back to domU together with config reloading fixed
this problem :-)
Not sure if it was the domU config being corrupted or something left
sticky in the PCI pass-through?

> Thanks. I've raised this on freensd-net for advice [0]. IMO netfront
> shouldn't receive an mbuf that crosses a page boundary, but if that's
> indeed a legit mbuf I will figure out the best way to handle it.
>
> I have a clumsy patch (below) that might solve this, if you want to
> give it a try.

Applied the patch and it worked like a charm!
Thank you so much for your quick help!
Wish you a wonderful holiday!

Thanks,
G.R.