Re: Possible bug? DOM-U network stopped working after fatal error reported in DOM0

First of all, thank you for your quick response, Juergen and Roger.
I just realized that I run into mail forwarding issue from sourceforge
mail alias service, and only found the responses when I checked the
list archive. As a result, I have to manually merge Roger's response
to reply...

> > I have to admit that this trial process is blind as I have no idea
> > which component in the combo is to be blamed. Is it a bug in the
> > backend-driver, frontend-driver or the hypervisor itself? Or due to
> > incompatible versions? Any suggestion on other diagnose ideas (e.g.
> > debug logs) will be welcome, while I work on the planned experiments.
>
> This is a bug in FreeBSD netfront, so no matter which Linux or Xen
> version you use.
>
> Does it make a difference if you disable TSO and LRO from netfront?
>
> $ ifconfig xn0 -tso -lro
It does not, the fatal error still show up after this command.

> Do you have instructions I can follow in order to try to reproduce the
> issue?
I don't know if there are any special details in my setup.
Hopefully I don't miss anything useful:
1. Build a TrueNAS 12.0U7 DOM-U by flushing the OS image into a vdisk
2. Create / import a zfs pool to the DOM-U
3. Create and share some file based iSCSI extents on the pool
4. Mount the iSCSI extent through some initiator clients.
The domU xn0 should be disabled immediately after step #4.

I omitted all operational details with the assumption that you are familiar
with TrueNAS and iSCSI setup.
For step #4, I can reproduce it with both ipxe initiator and the win7
built-in client.
As a result, I assume the client version does not matter.
For #2, I actually have a physical disk and controller assigned to DOM-U.
But I suspect this is probably irrelevant.
For #3, I'm not sure if the content in the extent matters.
So far I have been testing the same extent, which is formatted as an NTFS disk.