Re: [Xen-devel] Xen optimization

On Thu, 2018-10-25 at 14:36 +0200, Milan Boberic wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 25, 2018 at 1:30 PM Julien Grall <julien.grall@xxxxxxx>
> wrote:
> >  Do you have DEBUG enabled?
>
> I'm not sure where exactly should I disable it. If you check line 18
> in xl dmesg file in attachment it says debug=n, it's output of xl
> dmesg. I'm not sure if that is the DEBUG you are talking about.

Yes, this mean debug is *not* enabled. Which is the correct setup for
doing performance/latency evaluation.

It might, OTOH, be wise to turn it on when investigating the system
behavior (but that's a general remark, I don't know to what Julien was
referring to in this specific case).

To turn it on, in a recent enough Xen, which I think is what you're
using, you can use Kconfig (e.g., `make -C xen/ menuconfig').

> Also if I add prints somewhere in the code, I can see them, does that
> mean that DEBUG is enabled? If yes, can you tell me where exactly
> should I disable it?

It depends on the "print". If you add 'printk("bla");', it is correct
that you see "bla" in the log, even with debug=n.

Regards,
Dario