Re: [Xen-devel] Prebuilt kernel for Dom0, Xen ARM64, Foundation Model

Ian, you mentioned git://xenbits.xen.org/people/ianc/linux.git in your old message.
Is it still valid? I cannot clone it. That repo + attached config - is it a worthy recipe
for a working Dom0 kernel?

Maxim

On Mon, May 20, 2013 at 11:46 AM, Ian Campbell <Ian.Campbell@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sun, 2013-05-19 at 16:44 +0300, Maxim Kharchenko wrote:
> Could somebody recommend the best way to use Foundation Model with Xen
> ARM64? Today I am using the "skanky" approach mentioned by Ian
> Campbell:
>
> fv8 --image xen.gz --data zimage.img@0x80400000
>

> After a few fixes to the device tree I made it to "LOADING DOM0" but
> not much farther. Is there a prebuilt Aarch64 kernel that sure works
> as Dom0 (on Foundation Model)?

The Foundation model is not yet completely supported, it's on my TODO
list.

The main issue at the minute is a random guest abort during page table
setup, which goes away if I make a pointless nop hypercall early in
Linux's head.S. Sadly I can't reproduce this on the Fast Models which
makes debugging a little tricky.

It also sounds like you might be trying to use a 64 bit kernel. That
patch series did not make it for 4.3 so the stuff in the Xen master
branch won't support it. To date I've only ever tried a 32-bit dom0
running on a 64-bit Xen on the foundation model.

Ian.