[Xen-devel] Re: XML-RPC for Xend status

On Mon, Mar 20, 2006 at 10:39:13AM -0600, Anthony Liguori wrote:

> Howdy,
>
> Just wanted to give you a heads up of where I'm blocked right now.  I've
> made the changes Ewan requested but am not able to regress because of a
> large amount of failures in xm-test.  All of the block attach/detach
> tests are failing (in normal unstable).  I was hoping the problems would
> just go away but they haven't in tip.
>
> I'm going to look into those problems tomorrow and see if I can figure
> out where we broke.  When I brought this up last week these failures
> were confirmed by others so I don't think it's just me.

Could you send your patches through anyway?  I'll start some tests at this end
too.  If you don't want to send them through the list until you've got a
clean regression test result, that's fine, but I can get a regression test
running here too, either way.

Did you give any more thought to error handling?  The version you sent out
didn't do any rerouting of exceptions, so if VmError or XendError was raised,
that turned into ProtocolError, which gives a revolting splat at the client.
I think that the best thing to do is to catch those exceptions at the server
and turn them into generic Faults, and then after 3.0.2 is out we can shuffle
through turning the VmError or XendErrors into more specific Faults with
proper error codes etc.

Cheers,

Ewan.