[Xen-devel] Re: XML-RPC for Xend status

Ewan Mellor wrote:
On Mon, Mar 20, 2006 at 10:39:13AM -0600, Anthony Liguori wrote:
Could you send your patches through anyway? I'll start some tests at this end
too.  If you don't want to send them through the list until you've got a
clean regression test result, that's fine, but I can get a regression test
running here too, either way.

Yeah, I'll submit it this afternoon once I head into the office. Once I saw 2.6.16, I realized we're out of time :-) I hope we can fix the xm-test regressions though before 3.0.2...

Did you give any more thought to error handling?  The version you sent out
didn't do any rerouting of exceptions, so if VmError or XendError was raised,
that turned into ProtocolError, which gives a revolting splat at the client.
I think that the best thing to do is to catch those exceptions at the server
and turn them into generic Faults, and then after 3.0.2 is out we can shuffle
through turning the VmError or XendErrors into more specific Faults with
proper error codes etc.

Yeah, I just allocated a faultcode for VmError and XendError and handled those specifically. In general, we could probably an exception to faultcode mapping and pick up the common exceptions (OSError etc.) but for now I just special case it.

Regards,

Anthony Liguori

Cheers,

Ewan.