Re: [Xen-devel] more on current pull

ron minnich wrote:

xm is really nice, I have to say. Easy to use and debug

I am occasionally seeing my network just go away. For example, I did this:
xend start
xm create vmid=1
telnet 127.1 9601
(wait a while, admire output stuff, see that it fails to nfsroot since I didn't set one up) xm destroy 1
   (dom 1 goes away)
at that point, I've got no eth0.
Should I be using some other eth for the dom0->domN networking?  Is there
something else I'm doing wrong?

thanks

ron
p.s. are you using your own s-expression library for parsing or ... I'm curious because all our cluster tools here use s-expressions for internal comms.

We're using our own stuff. I wrote s-exp parsers for Python and C that work
with input fed to them in chunks, because we're using asynch i/o.
There's also a Python prettyprinter.

Good to hear someone else uses s-exps.

Mike