Re: [Xen-users] Xen and iSCSI

Hi,

Am Samstag, 28. Januar 2006 18:42 schrieb Gino LV. Ledesma:
> Using CentOS 4.2 (which came with a cleanly packaged
> iscsi-initiator-tools) I've gotten it to work and I find the
> performance preferrable to NFS Root. I still haven't gotten the hang

nfs is not that fast. With iscsi i hope i can saturate the 1GBit/s LAN and get
most of it to the block device.

> of booting using iSCSI Root over the network, but it should just be a
> couple more adjustments to the initrd.

OK, that's just the same as for non virtual servers which get their rootfs on
iscsi i think.

> Currently, I have dom0 serve as the iSCSI initiator and then have the

So it works in dom0. That's good so i am at least able to connect to the
storage anyway.

> domUs use the block devices. Some limitations I've run into:
> - I can't manage to get the iSCSI initiator to see changes to the
> exported LUNs (e.g. block device has been grown, or see more LUNs)

Is it possible to disconnect a iscsi device and then reconnect so you can see
the new size? I mean without reboot.

> - For multiple LUNs from different iSCSI Targets, establish a fixed
> order/names for the block devices

OK.

> Other than that, you shouldn't have too much problems with it. :-)

Fine :-)

--
greetings

eMHa