Re: [Xen-users] Xen and iSCSI

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Xen and iSCSI
From: "Gino LV. Ledesma" <gledesma@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2006 09:42:55 -0800
Delivery-date: Sat, 28 Jan 2006 17:52:49 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Using CentOS 4.2 (which came with a cleanly packaged
iscsi-initiator-tools) I've gotten it to work and I find the
performance preferrable to NFS Root. I still haven't gotten the hang
of booting using iSCSI Root over the network, but it should just be a
couple more adjustments to the initrd.

Currently, I have dom0 serve as the iSCSI initiator and then have the
domUs use the block devices. Some limitations I've run into:
- I can't manage to get the iSCSI initiator to see changes to the
exported LUNs (e.g. block device has been grown, or see more LUNs)
- For multiple LUNs from different iSCSI Targets, establish a fixed
order/names for the block devices

Other than that, you shouldn't have too much problems with it. :-)

- gino ledesma