RE: [Xen-ia64-devel] Weekly Xen-IA64/VTI status report.

To: "Tristan Gingold" <Tristan.Gingold@xxxxxxxx>, "xen-ia64-devel" <xen-ia64-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-ia64-devel] Weekly Xen-IA64/VTI status report.
From: "You, Yongkang" <yongkang.you@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 20:34:53 +0800
Delivery-date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 12:36:23 +0000
Sender: xen-ia64-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>From: Tristan Gingold [mailto:Tristan.Gingold@xxxxxxxx]
>> I am blocked by other issues. So didn't update the LTP results.
>> I am also can't meet hang if I run proc01 alone. It only happened when run
>> full LTP.
>Ok.
>If you could, please send the output.

Hi Tristan,

I have rerun the 2 crashme test cases (proc01 and fork12) in latest Cset 9476.

proc01 couldn't finish and return for more than 1 hour. I have to break it.

proc01  0       INFO: /proc/sa1/cpe/data: open: Cannot allocate memory
proc01  1       BROK : Unexpected signal 2 received.

>> So the fork12 should have problem, right?
>Yes, it exhausts memory, and Xen or domU appears to crash.
>To be investigated.

fork12 will hang xen0 after run in 30 mins. Serial port kept report soft lockup
detected on CPU#0 and call trace. Please look at the attachment fork12.txt

>Thanks,
>Tristan.

And another 2 system call cases madvise02 and setrlimit03 also failed. The
following is the output.

#./setrlimit03
setrlimit03    1  FAIL  :  call succeeded unexpectedly

#./madvise02
madvise02    1  PASS  :  expected failure - errno = 22 : Invalid argument
madvise02    2  PASS  :  expected failure - errno = 22 : Invalid argument
madvise02    3  PASS  :  expected failure - errno = 22 : Invalid argument
madvise02    4  PASS  :  expected failure - errno = 12 : Cannot allocate memory
madvise02    5  FAIL  :  madvise failed, expected return value = -1, got 0

Best Regards,
Yongkang (Kangkang) 永康