Re: [Xen-users] Re: bond/trunk in xen

Hi!

> I asked the following  question few  days back, but  did not  get  any reply.
Donny Brooks already asked a question: which kind of switch do you use?
In my setup bonding with LACP works just fine. Did you check if bonding is
working without Xen? Are there any log messages on the switch? Is the
switch configured correctly? LACP needs configuration on the switch as
well. If your switch can only do "static" trunks, you need to choose
"mode=0" on the Linux side.

>         -  I am getting the file  in /proc/net/bonding/pbond0  not bond0,
of course, Xen scripts renamed bond0 to pbond0; if you don't like that
create your bridges manually.

>      Bonding Mode: IEEE 802.3ad Dynamic link aggregation
[SNIP]
>      Active Aggregator Info:
>              Aggregator ID: 1
>              Number of ports: 1
>              Actor Key: 17
>              Partner Key: 1
>              Partner Mac Address: 00:00:00:00:00:00
Partner MAC should be a valid mac address if you're connected to a partner.
This is a strong indicator that there is some kind of issue between your
computer and the switch. Maybe LACP isn't configured on the switch?

-- Adi