Re: [Xen-users] Support for file-based COW, present and future

On Mon, Jul 12, 2010 at 2:59 PM, Grant McWilliams
<grantmasterflash@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 12, 2010 at 12:48 AM, Fajar A. Nugraha <fajar@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Personally, I gave up trying to use qcow a long time ago, settling
>> instead for storage-based COW functionality using zfs-fuse.
>>

> Have you ran into any pitfalls with zfs-fuse? Are you using it in
> production?

I'd consider it beta-quality. I use zfs-fuse in production, but not
with Xen (where I only use it for dev purposes). If you're considering
using zfs for production then at this point I'd recommend having a
separate server running NexentaStor/Solaris as storage server only.

> I'm waiting for everyone else to beta test Xen4. It's a little
> frustrating that qcow was never really finished because it isn't like the
> code is proprietary or anything, it's right there for the taking...

There seems to be additional factors that made VHD support get higher priority
http://community.citrix.com/display/ocb/2009/02/18/We've+Open+Sourced+Our+Optimized+VHD+Support

--
Fajar