Re: [Xen-users] Vnc unable to open Display on xen CentOS

On Wed, Dec 23, 2009 at 10:14 AM, Tapas Mishra <tapas@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> using "ssh -X" should be enough. Another way is to edit
>> /etc/ssh/ssh_config, look for ForwardX11
>
> I have done a lot of things which have not worked one of them being
> following
> I followed this one http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/VNC-Server

Sorry, at this point I have to ask, are you reading my replies correctly?
I never suggested that you setup vnc SERVER. When setup correctly
(like when using virt-manager/virt-install), domU is already setup
with a vnc console. You don't need to setup vnc server manually.

What I suggested was :
- setup X forwarding correctly.
Since you said you use ubuntu and connect via ssh, the simplest method
is to run "ssh -X root@xxxxxxxxxxxx" instead of just "ssh
root@xxxxxxxxxxxx" (I assume your server IP is 192.168.1.10?). OR,

- edit domU config file to enable vnc access from any IP address
instead of just localhost.
The corresponding entry is "vnclisten" (for HVM domUs) or "vfb" (for
PV domUs). Use "xm create --help_config" to find more help about those
entries. After this, you need install vnc CLIENT on your Ubuntu laptop
(on Ubuntu the package can be vncviewer, xtightvncviewer, or
xvnc4viewer), then run (on your laptop) "vncviewer 192.168.1.10:0" (or
whatever the vnc display number is).

To be fair, there ARE solutions than can allow you to view domUs
console that requires installing vnc server on dom0 first, but if you
want to use this solution, then you're on your own. I can't help you
with that, since IMHO it's too much hassle to setup than what it's
worth.

--
Fajar