Re: [Xen-users] Vnc unable to open Display on xen CentOS

I do not have any windows machine with me my Xen is on CentOS and rest all are Ubuntu machines I had been able to do a vnc from CentOS to Ubuntu machines but not vice versa I have an understanding of X forwarding but still it I could not do it ,so I wanted to figure out where the error was but I will search more as you said

On Tue, Dec 22, 2009 at 2:21 PM, Fajar A. Nugraha <fajar@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tue, Dec 22, 2009 at 3:38 PM, Tapas Mishra <tapas@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> > vncviewer: unable to open display ""
>>
>> this pretty much says it all. Most likekly you need to have X
>
> I am not clear with this can you tell me some thing about this one

Are you familiar with X display? X forwarding? If no, you should
search for that first.

I do not have any windows machine with me my Xen is on CentOS and rest all are Ubuntu machines I had been able to do a vnc from CentOS to Ubuntu machines but not vice versa I have an understanding of X forwarding but still it I could not do it ,so I wanted to figure out where the error was but I will search more as you said

>> forwarding enabled (if connecting via ssh).
>
> Ya I am doing it via ssh Only

From a windows machine?
If yes, Google for "windows ssh X forwarding". Something like this
http://solaris.reys.net/how-to-x11-forwarding-using-ssh-putty-and-xming/

Another alternative is to edit domU config file to accept vnc
connections on all IP instead of localhost. Not secure, but handy for
testing purposes. This way you can simply install vnc client on
Windows and connect directly.

Thanks for these links
but can you point me to the right log file which I should check in the case of failures of X forwarding on SSH that should be able to help me a bit.

http://www.abhitech.com