Re: [Xen-devel] bitkeeper gone in 2 weeks - which RCS?

On Wed, Jun 15, 2005 at 09:21:45PM -0400, Rik van Riel wrote:
> On Wed, 15 Jun 2005, Matt Mackall wrote:
>
> > foo.c:
> >   comment
> >
> > ..should preserve things well enough.
>
> Agreed.  I've never really used the "different commit
> comment per file" thing in bitkeeper.  Well, I used it
> in the beginning, but I stopped using it after I found
> out that "bk changes" didn't actually show them anyway!

For one thing, it has performance implication of open every single
file to get that per-file change log if you run the change history.
I am still not convince the per file change log is very useful
feature. Having more place to look is not always a good thing.

Chris