Re: [Xen-devel] bitkeeper gone in 2 weeks - which RCS?

To: Andrew Thompson <andrewkt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] bitkeeper gone in 2 weeks - which RCS?
From: Rusty Russell <rusty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 12:56:16 +1000
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 02:55:19 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Wed, 2005-06-15 at 17:45 -0400, Andrew Thompson wrote:
> I thought I'd let this simmer a while on the hg list, but here's a
> little snippet:

> >>I wonder how hard it would be to get these added.  Guess I'll
> >>have to talk with Matt ;)

Sorry, if we're considering something which doesn't support renames yet,
then clearly I set the bar for maturity far too high.  Hence I would
recommend bzr.

Actually, I don't think that there's any real deadline: with Xen bk
outside the Larry zone, sourcepuller works fine.  The pain of surviving
with patches as a mechanism is small compared to the pain of choosing a
system which ends up losing.

So, I'd say, wait.  The decision is likely to get easier in the medium
term.

Rusty.
--
A bad analogy is like a leaky screwdriver -- Richard Braakman