Re: [Xen-devel] migration regression in xen-4.11 and qemu-2.11 and qcow2

Am Wed, 9 May 2018 14:43:17 -0700 (PDT)
schrieb Stefano Stabellini <sstabellini@xxxxxxxxxx>:

> 512b109ec962 is a very old commit: why is it causing problems to Xen
> 4.10 and Xen 4.11 HVM migration? What is the error exactly? Sorry, I
> might be missing some context.

It is papering over the real issue, thats why one can still migrate a
pvops HVM domU with current toolstack. Upstream kernel simply does the
work that is supposed to be done by qemu itself. Since the xenlinux based
kernel does not do that work (it never had a need to do the unplug twice),
migration fails.

qemu has to carry the unplug state from one dom0 to another dom0 during
migration, simply because unplug is a one-time operation that can not
be undone. I wonder how to do that, if qemu already has code to carry its
state.

Olaf