Re: [Xen-devel] migration regression in xen-4.11 and qemu-2.11 and qcow2

Am Tue, 8 May 2018 18:40:26 +0200
schrieb Olaf Hering <olaf@xxxxxxxxx>:

> It looks like the IDE unplug is not permanent.

Stefano,

Jochen pointed me to commit 512b109ec962 ("xen: unplug the emulated devices at
resume time"), which I think is wrong. The kernel will most likely not be able
to switch from a PV backed device to an emulated device. Not sure what issue
could have been addressed by that commit. What should have been done instead is
to transfer the unplug state from one qemu to the other. Please advice how to
do that. Right now, with xen-4.10, all xenlinux based HVM domUs can not be
migrated anymore. With the upcoming xen-4.11 the migrated domU will need to be
killed.

Olaf