Re: [Xen-devel] Access I2C bus from guest/DomU on ARM board

On Tue, Jan 16, 2018 at 9:22 PM, Andrii Anisov <andrii_anisov@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
Dear Rajesh,

You can try to get an I2C bus controller in DomU in PIO mode following [1], keeping in mind [2].

If you want it DMA capable you need Renesas IPMMU support in XEN [3], [4] to be incorporated.

[1] - https://xenbits.xen.org/docs/unstable/misc/arm/passthrough.txt

[2] - https://lists.xenproject.org/archives/html/xen-users/2017-10/msg00031.html

[3] - https://lists.xenproject.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2017-07/msg02545.html

[4] - https://lists.xenproject.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2017-07/msg02679.html

--

*Andrii Anisov*

Thank you Andrii for replying. I will try the device passthrough way of using I2C bus from guest and post the updates.

Just out of curiosity, is it possible to split the Driver for the Renesas RCar I2C unit [1] into frontend and backend to use the i2c bus from guest? Or to do something similar to PCI passthrough? Please forgive me if I sound illogical. I'm just curious.

Regards
Saumya