Re: [Xen-devel] [DOC RFC] Heterogeneous Multi Processing Support in Xen

On Thu, 2016-12-08 at 03:14 -0700, Jan Beulich wrote:
> > ### x86
> >
> > There is no HMP platform of relevance, for now, in x86 world.
> > Therefore,
> > only one class will exist, and all the CPUs will be set to belong
> > to it.
> > **TODO X86:** is this correct?
>
> What about the original Xeon Phi (on a PCIe card)?

Well, what I'd say about it is that I did not know about its existence.
:-)

Anyway, if we have HMP on x86 already, and we want to support them,
we'll have to define criteria for building classes there too. Once that
is done, the rest of this document should be general enough (or at
least that was the intent).

About defining those criteria, I'd appreciate whatever input you x86
experts will be able to share. :-)

Regards,
Dario