Re: [Xen-devel] Xen like VirtualBox

Hi Jason,

On Tue, 2016-11-15 at 14:05 +0000, Jason Long wrote:
> Thank you but I guess it is serious for Xen.
> Are you Sure Red Hat company help Xen? I guess you wrong. Red Hat employee
> not mean Red Hat company and they can help
> other Open Source projects as hobbyist. I guess some Citrix guys help KVM as
> hobbyist too. When you read
> Virtualization books then all of them explain VirtualBox and VMWare
> Workstation but why not Xen? It is because of a
> GUI leak. In my opinion, Xen and Citrix guys must work on a nice interface
> for Xen and don't thinking about something
> like virt-manager or..

As others wrote, there is no need to reinvent the wheel with yet another GUI.
If you really need a GUI for Xen, then virt-manager could do the work fairly
well.

I confirm, that SUSE uses virt-manager for Xen, and that it's easy to get
patches in for either virt-manager or libvirt.

Obviously there is still some work to be done to get the libvirt libxl driver
on par with the QEMU one, but again patches are welcome. We are a few guys
reviewing the patches on it.

--
Cedric