Re: [Xen-devel] HVMOP_altp2m_vcpu_enable_notify code example usage

On Mon, Aug 22, 2016 at 12:42 PM, Dmitry Rockosov <rockosov@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Tamas, what do you think, why the same hypercall operations (get_param) are
> executed by Xen differently? Does Xen know anything about caller domU CPL:
> usermode or kernelmode?

It's not about the guest's CPL - all hypercalls are issued ultimately
from kernelmode anyway - but depending on which HVMOP the guest issues
it can get treated differently by Xen. You can follow the path from
here:
https://xenbits.xen.org/gitweb/?p=xen.git;a=blob;f=xen/arch/x86/hvm/hvm.c;h=0180f26b56b75c08c8c53b58a599de6085949bce;hb=HEAD#l5510.
I'm not sure which HVMOPs are allowed by default to be executed by the
guest itself.

Tamas