Re: [Xen-devel] error while compiling Xen from the source

On Fri, Jun 10, 2016 at 04:03:30PM +0100, Safa Hamza wrote:
> i'm really confused
> i build xen from the source in pc running ubuntu mate but while trying to
> do the same steps in order to build xen on other pc running 12.04 i got
> this error
>
> this is the log where xen is build successfully
>
> checking for python-config... /usr/bin/python-config
> checking Python.h usability... yes
> checking Python.h presence... yes
> checking for Python.h... yes
> checking for PyArg_ParseTuple in -lpython2.7... yes
> checking whether Python setup.py brokenly enables -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE... yes
> checking for xgettext... /usr/bin/xgettext
> checking for iasl... /usr/bin/iasl
> checking uuid/uuid.h usability... yes
> checking uuid/uuid.h presence... yes
> checking for uuid/uuid.h... yes
>

> *checking for uuid_clear in -luuid... yeschecking uuid.h usability...
> nochecking uuid.h presence... nochecking for uuid.h... no*
> checking curses.h usability... yes
> checking curses.h presence... yes
> checking for curses.h... yes
> checking for clear in -lcurses... yes
> checking ncurses.h usability... yes
> checking ncurses.h presence... yes
> checking for ncurses.h... yes
>
>  and this is the log where the error is shown
>
> checking uuid/uuid.h usability... yes
> > checking uuid/uuid.h presence... yes
> > checking for uuid/uuid.h... yes
> >

> *checking for uuid_clear in -luuid... no > checking uuid.h usability... no
> > checking uuid.h presence... no > checking for uuid.h... no*
> > configure: error: cannot find a valid uuid library
> > configure: error: ./configure failed for tools
> >

> the problem is there is no difference

The only way to find out what went wrong is to dig into all the
configure output files. And then take appropriate steps to fix your
system.

If you're not very familiar with GNU autotools I suggest you go get some
advice from people in your local area who might be comfortable working
with a Linux system and building software from source.

Wei.