Re: [Xen-devel] error while compiling Xen from the source

i'm working now with another PC running ubuntu 12.04 ..
while configuring Xen from the source i got this error

checking uuid/uuid.h usability... yes
checking uuid/uuid.h presence... yes
checking for uuid/uuid.h... yes
checking for uuid_clear in -luuid... no
checking uuid.h usability... no
checking uuid.h presence... no
checking for uuid.h... no
configure: error: cannot find a valid uuid library
configure: error: ./configure failed for tools

i even build the uuid library from the source

cd libuuid-1.0.3

./configure --prefix=/usr/local

make

sudo make install

but still the same problem

On Fri, Jun 3, 2016 at 4:23 PM, Wei Liu <wei.liu2@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Fri, Jun 03, 2016 at 05:21:33PM +0200, Safa Hamza wrote:
> i did what u asked me to do but there is no warning msg
> but when i downloaded xen from the source  git clone git://
> xenbits.xen.org/xen.git
>  without this git checkout -b RELEASE-4.3.1 RELEASE-4.3.1
> it worked fine , i just wonder why !!

Did you perhaps use -j$NUM? In that case please either go through all
the output or don't use -j.

Wei.