From: Dario Faggioli <dario.faggioli@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, April 26, 2016 1:10 PM
To: tutu sky
Cc: Juergen Gross; Xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Xen does not work after changing scheduler's code

On Fri, 2016-04-22 at 08:59 +0000, tutu sky wrote:
> yeah i tried, attaching a serial console was not possible for me, so
> i tried vmware and i tried match the information in link with some
> links on do the same using vmware. actually when using vmware for
> doing so, i changed: GRUB_CMDLINE_XEN line of grub to "loglvl=all
> guest_loglvl=all com1=115200,8n1,0x3e8,5 console=com1,vga"  as
> mentioned in that link and it caused a kernel panic (blinding num
> lock and scroll lock together).
> if using two VM in vmware which one contains xen and other just does
> monitoring another, i think it must be possible to monitor xen.

So you're basically using nested virtualization for
developping/debugging.

That's a valid use case, and there are people doing it a log, and you
don't even need VMWare to do that.

In any case, even if I've never used VMWare, I suspect there is a way
to redirect the serial console of a VM to a file or a terminal, and
hence be able to see it without many problems.

As per what is going wrong, that's impossible to say without seeing the
error messages and the code. However, if you say that the problem only
manifests with your modifications, I would bet the error is somewhere
in there.

Regards,
Dario