Re: [Xen-devel] [xen-unstable test] 57852: regressions - FAIL

>>> On 10.06.15 at 13:01, <ian.campbell@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, 2015-06-10 at 10:36 +0100, Jan Beulich wrote:
>> Indeed. Leaving us with the slight hope that there is a microcode
>> update available that's newer than what the BIOS of those boxes
>> loads. Could we perhaps afford un-blessing the two systems for
>> the time being? And maybe get Intel involved if there's no ucode
>> update available that helps?
>
> Arranging to do microcode updates looks like it is going to be a bit
> non-trivial from the osstest side. Is there any reason to think it would
> help other than just hoping it will?

It's really hope, not much more. But I guess you could at least check
what microcode the box has in use - if there's nothing newer available,
then trying to get the microcode updating working isn't of immediate
importance anymore (but of course it would still be nice to have in
place).

> Can't we get Intel involved right away?

Sure we can; I just generally prefer not to bother people with
problems they already solved, but maybe that's the wrong approach
a case like this.

Jan