Re: [Xen-devel] [xen-unstable test] 57852: regressions - FAIL

On Fri, 2015-06-05 at 10:18 +0100, Jan Beulich wrote:
> > From:
> > http://logs.test-lab.xenproject.org/osstest/results/history.test-amd64-amd64
> >
> > -xl-qemuu-win7-amd64.xen-4.4-testing.html
> > http://logs.test-lab.xenproject.org/osstest/results/history.test-amd64-amd64
> >
> > -xl-qemuu-win7-amd64.xen-4.5-testing.html
> > it looks like none of the stable branches suffer from the install issue.
> > I'd be inclined to discount any possible link with the migration issue
> > based on that.
>
> Generally I would agree, but it strikes me as extremely odd that
> (a) stable trees face only the migration issue, while unstable only
> faces the install one,

http://logs.test-lab.xenproject.org/osstest/results/history.test-amd64-amd64-xl-qemuu-win7-amd64.xen-unstable.html
 shows some migration failures too (in a batch though, not spread out).

Wouldn't the migration issue be potentially blocked by the install one?

> (b) a tree as old as 4.3 (receiving only security updates) developed
> this migration issue (I went into more detail on this in a reply to flight
> 57474's report).
>
> > WRT the move to the colo, flights in 5xxxx are in the new one, while
> > 3xxxx are in the old one,
> > http://logs.test-lab.xenproject.org/osstest/results/history.test-amd64-amd64
> >
> > -xl-qemuu-win7-amd64.xen-unstable.html
> > shows that things seemed ok for 8 consecutive runs after the move
> > (ignoring blockages).
>
> And when it went live, all systems being in use now got immediately
> deployed?

All the flights in the new colo seem to have been on fiano[01].

But having looked at the page again the early success was all on fiano0
while the later failures were all on fiano1.

fiano[01] are supposedly identical hardware.

This might be simply explained by osstest's stickiness for jobs on hosts
where they are failing. I'll run a few adhoc jobs on fiano0 using 57852
as a template so we can see if that's the case.

Ian.