Re: [Xen-devel] Failed to launch xen on J6 evm

On Mon, 9 Mar 2015, Korupol, Naveen (EXT) wrote:

> Hi Ian
>
> I am (awesome) glad to see your response.
>

> [IC] J6 EVM?
> [NK] is a TI (& Spectrum Digital) evaluation board built on OMAP 5
> architecture which has 2 ARM Cortex-A15 core(s), 2 Cortex-M4 cores and SGX544
> 3D graphics core(s).
>
> [IC] enable early_printk
> [NK] now I have enabled early_printk, I see that processor is not in hyp mode
> as you correctly envisioned.
>
> Starting kernel ...
>
> - UART enabled -
> - CPU 00000000 booting -
> - Xen must be entered in NS Hyp mode -
> - Boot failed -
>
> I took my current U-Boot from:
> And compiled it for dra7xx_evm_config.
>
> Is there any specific U-Boot for ARM with this HYP mode already enabled
> correctly?
> If not, I would appreciate any links to help me update my current u-boot to
> have this setting enabled.

You can get uboot from the U-Boot website is at
http://www.denx.de/wiki/U-Boot
which might have HYP enabled for your board, but you are probably
going to have to edit the uboot code to enable it, for example by
comparing the settings for a board that does have HYP enabled.

        Michael Young