Re: [Xen-devel] [BUG] VIF rate limiting locks up network in the whole system

On Fri, 2014-05-09 at 14:44 +0200, Jacek Konieczny wrote:
> On 05/09/14 13:55, Ian Campbell wrote:
> >> Is it possible, that one of the features introduced by the 3.13 kernel is
> >> faulty (e.g. the 'feature-split-event-channels')?
> >
> > The guilty change may or may not be related to the new features, but it
> > could be.
> >
> >> Is there a way to selectively enable/disable those features without
> >> changing
> >> the kernel?
> >
> > Unfortunately I don't think so.
> >
> > It *might* be possible to start the guest paused and then mess with the
> > feature advertisements in the backend's xenstore directory. Or that
> > might cause things to explode ;-). It's worth trying -- I think it will
> > be obvious if it hasn't worked, rather than being a subtle issue which
> > invalidate the testing...
>
> I have tried that:
>
> xl create -p ratelimittest1.cfg
> xenstore-rm /local/domain/0/backend/vif/3/0/feature-gso-tcpv6
> xenstore-rm /local/domain/0/backend/vif/3/0/feature-ipv6-csum-offload
> xenstore-rm /local/domain/0/backend/vif/3/0/feature-split-event-channels
>
> It didn't help. Nothing had exploded, though.

Can you tell if those features were actually enabled or not afterwards?
ethtool in the guest and on the dom0 vifX.Y device should have changed,
or possibly it would be reflected in the dmesg.

For split event channel I think there will be only one evtchn key in
xenstore instead of two.

Ian.