Re: [Xen-devel] [BUG] VIF rate limiting locks up network in the whole system

On Fri, 2014-05-09 at 09:03 +0200, Jacek Konieczny wrote:
> Hi,
>
> [third attempt to send this to the xen-devel list]
>
> To prevent a single domU from saturating our bandwidth we use the
> 'rate=...' options in VIF configuration of our domains xl.cfg files.
> This used to work without serious issues, but recently, after upgrading
> to xen 4.4.0 something went wrong.

Just to be clear, you changed Xen but not the dom0 or domU kernel, is
that right?

Which version of Xen were you using before?

Did you also change toolstack (e.g. from xm to xl) over the upgrade?

The main (only, I think) affect of the rate= from the toolstack PoV is
to write some additional keys to the vif backend directory, you should
be able to see this in "xenstore-ls -fp" output. Do they perhaps differ
between the working and non-working case (despite the input
configuration being the same)?

Those keys then affect netback's behaviour which is why I am interested
in whether the kernel version has changed.

Ian.