Re: [Xen-devel] Failed to access register with invalid access size alignment

Zytaruk, Kelly <Kelly.Zytaruk <at> amd.com> writes:

> I have seen the subject-line error message in a few posts but I haven't
yet seen a resolution for it yet.  Has
> anyone resolved this problem?
>
> The full error line from the log file is;
> [00:05.0] xen_pt_pci_config_access_check: Error: Failed to access register
with invalid access size
> alignment. (addr: 0x0e, len: 4)
>
> Address 0x0e in PCIe config space is 2 byte aligned and can't be accessed
as a 4 byte read.

> I am passing an AMD graphics adapter into a guest as a secondary adapter.
I can connect with VNC and the PCI
> passthrough is successful as I can see the [00:05.0] device in Win7 device
Manager but the device is
> "banged out" with the error "Windows has stopped this device because it
has reported problems. (Code 43)".

> The error occurs with both QEMU-upstream and QEMU-traditional.
> My configuration is Xen 4.5-unstable on Linux 3.13.4.
>
> Thanks,
> Kelly

I am running into the same issue, on xen 4.4.0 and linux 3.14.1 exactly the
same error including the device number 5. This is with a Win8 Dom0 and a
7970 GPU.