[Xen-devel] Failed to access register with invalid access size alignment

  • To: "Xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <Xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Zytaruk, Kelly" <Kelly.Zytaruk@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2014 19:28:44 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 02 Apr 2014 19:29:20 +0000

I have seen the subject-line error message in a few posts but I haven't yet
seen a resolution for it yet.  Has anyone resolved this problem?

The full error line from the log file is;
[00:05.0] xen_pt_pci_config_access_check: Error: Failed to access register with
invalid access size alignment. (addr: 0x0e, len: 4)

Address 0x0e in PCIe config space is 2 byte aligned and can't be accessed as a
4 byte read.

I am passing an AMD graphics adapter into a guest as a secondary adapter.  I
can connect with VNC and the PCI passthrough is successful as I can see the
[00:05.0] device in Win7 device Manager but the device is "banged out" with the
error "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code
43)".

The error occurs with both QEMU-upstream and QEMU-traditional.
My configuration is Xen 4.5-unstable on Linux 3.13.4.

Thanks,
Kelly