Re: [Xen-devel] Failed to access register with invalid access size alignment

I have 2 graphics cards that I am testing with (one at a time, not both in the
same system at the same time).  Both of them return a class code of 0x0300.
Both of them display the mis-aligned access to offset 0x0e.

My test configuration/scenario is as follows;
- Primary adapter is AMD APU. (ie Xen boot to APU)
- Secondary adapter is one of the cards mentioned above.
- Pass through one of the test cards as a secondary to the guest
- Connect to guest with 'xl vncviewer <domId>'

Results for each card:
- In both cases I see the Windows 7 splash display in the VNC session.
- In both cases I get an error in the log file about the unaligned access to
0x0e

- On one card
        In the VNC session I get to the Windows logon prompt. I can logon to
windows and Cirrus is the active display.  I see in Device Manager of the guest
Win7 that the real graphics adapter has stopped working.  This led me to look
into the log file and started suspecting the unaligned access.  After much
testing and debugging I grabbed the second graphics adapter and tested with it.

- On the second adapter
        In the VNC session I don't see anything after the Win7 splash screen,
it "freezes" on the splash screen.  A display attached to the passed through
adapter lights up and I see the logon prompt on the display.  I can move my
mouse in the VNC session and it moves on the physical display.  In the Device
Manager of the Win 7 guest I see that the driver is loaded for the physical
passed through adapter and the Cirrus driver is "banged-out".

> We have seen issues with cards in the past where the class code was "Other".
> Win7 saw an emulated cirrus display, decided it was the most capable real
> display adapter, loaded its legacy graphics driver stack and was unable to
> subsequently load the non-legacy driver for the "Other" card.

Yes, I have seen this issue as well with Gemini cards and I am working on a fix
for it, but that is a discussion for a separate thread.  I have it working for
QEMU-traditional but it doesn't work with QEMU-upstream.