Re: [Xen-devel] [TestDay] xen 4.4 FC3 xl create error

On Wed, 5 Feb 2014, Ian Campbell wrote:

On Tue, 2014-02-04 at 18:41 +0000, M A Young wrote:
We should probably consider taking some unit files into the xen tree, if
someone wants to submit a set?

I can submit a set, which start services individually rather than a
unified xencommons style start file. I didn't find a good way to reproduce
the xendomains script, so I ended running an edited version of the
sysvinit script with a systemd wrapper file.

I don't know what is conventional in systemd land but I have no problem
with that approach.

Would it make sense to have some sort of configure option tools to choose
between sysvinit and systemd?

AIUI systemd will DTWT and ignore the initscript if there is a systemd
unit file, so installing both seems to be fine to me, and is certain to
be less error prone.

Although perhaps the xencommons vs split units breaks that suppression
logic?

What depends on the xenstored & xenconsole modules? Is it possible to
have a "metaunit" xencommons which a) causes everything to be started
and b) suppresses the initscript by having the same name?

Or maybe there is a systemd syntax you can use to suppress
xencommons.init?

I don't know of an alternate way to suppress and init.d script, so I agree it makes sense to have a dummy xencommons.service unit which will start any other xen units, but doesn't do anything functional itself.

        Michael Young