Re: [Xen-devel] [TestDay] xen 4.4 FC3 xl create error

On 02/05/14 10:28, Ian Campbell wrote:
> On Tue, 2014-02-04 at 18:41 +0000, M A Young wrote:
>>> We should probably consider taking some unit files into the xen tree, if
>>> someone wants to submit a set?
>>
>> I can submit a set, which start services individually rather than a
>> unified xencommons style start file. I didn't find a good way to reproduce
>> the xendomains script, so I ended running an edited version of the
>> sysvinit script with a systemd wrapper file.
>
> I don't know what is conventional in systemd land but I have no problem
> with that approach.

For systemd the much more natural way is to start and monitor each
daemon with
a separate systemd unit. If some extra scripting is needed (like the
setting xenstore values for dom0), that should be coded in a separate
script and one of the two:

– Called via ExecStartPre or ExecStartPost in the unit of the daemon the
scripting is for (e.g. filling xenstore would go to ExecStartPost of
xenstored.service)
– Called via ExecStart in its own service unit.

Writing extra scripts may be not necessary when just a few commands
have to be started.

e.g. the xenstored.service from PLD Linux (based on some unit for xenstored
found on the Internet):

[Unit]
Description=Xenstored - daemon managing xenstore file system
Requires=proc-xen.mount var-lib-xenstored.mount
After=proc-xen.mount var-lib-xenstored.mount
Before=libvirtd.service libvirt-guests.service xendomains.service
xend.service
RefuseManualStop=true
ConditionPathExists=/proc/xen

[Service]
Type=forking
Environment=XENSTORED_ARGS=
Environment=XENSTORED_ROOTDIR=/var/lib/xenstored
EnvironmentFile=-/etc/sysconfig/xenstored
PIDFile=/var/run/xenstored.pid
ExecStartPre=/bin/grep -q control_d /proc/xen/capabilities
ExecStartPre=-/bin/rm -f "$XENSTORED_ROOTDIR"/tdb*
ExecStart=/usr/sbin/xenstored --pid-file /var/run/xenstored.pid
$XENSTORED_ARGS
ExecStartPost=/usr/bin/xenstore-write "/local/domain/0/name" "Domain-0"

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target

--
Greets,