Re: [Xen-devel] Problems in starting up domU with Xen-ARM (on Cortex-A15 Fast Models)

Hi,
2013/9/30 Ian Campbell <Ian.Campbell@xxxxxxxxxx>
On Sun, 2013-09-29 at 22:55 -0400, XiaoGuang Wang wrote:

> There is no /dev/xen/ directory.

Are you running udev?
I think the udev is not running. Because when I start udevd, it comes up error message and halts.
root@(none):/home/xiaogw# udevd
udevd[56]: error: runtime directory '/run/udev' not writable, for now falling back to '/dev/.udev'
^C^C^C^C

What is the contents of /proc/misc?
root@(none):/home/xiaogw# cat /proc/misc
 56 network_throughput
 57 network_latency
 58 cpu_dma_latency
  1 psaux
200 tun
237 loop-control
 59 xen/privcmd
 60 xen/gntdev
 61 xen/evtchn
 62 xen/xenbus_backend
 63 xen/xenbus

Does /proc/xen exist? What is its contents.
root@(none):/home/xiaogw# ls /proc/xen/
capabilities  privcmd  xenbus  xsd_kva    xsd_port

> I'm considering if there is sth. wrong with my xen-tools
> compilation. :(

This is nothing to do with the xen-tools, it's either a kernel issue or
a system configuration issue.

Ian.

Thanks!
Xiaoguang