Re: [Xen-devel] Problems in starting up domU with Xen-ARM (on Cortex-A15 Fast Models)

Hi Wei,

2013/9/28 Wei Liu <liuw@xxxxxxxxx>
On Sun, Sep 29, 2013 at 12:04 AM, XiaoGuang Wang <xjtuwxg@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
[...]
> First, I get errors in create domU with xl:
> root@(none):/home/xiaogw# xl create domU-config
> xc: error: Could not obtain handle on privileged command interface (2 = No
> such file or directory): Internal error

This.

> root@(none):/home/xiaogw# cat domU-config
> kernel = "/home/xiaogw/image"
> memory = 128
> name = "win"
> vcpus = 1
> disk = [ 'phy:/dev/loop0,xvda,w' ]

(Ah, Windows on ARM? Just kidding... :-)))))))

I think the name field is just a name, nothing else. And I use the config sample in this URL: http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Xen_ARM_with_Virtualization_Extensions#DomU_kernel_and_DTS

> root@(none):/home/xiaogw# /etc/init.d/xencommons status
> xenstore-read: xs_open: Connection refused
> root@(none):/home/xiaogw# /etc/init.d/xencommons start
> Starting C xenstored...FATAL: Failed to open evtchn device: No such file or
> directory

And this.

Make sure you have all Xen drivers complied in / loaded.
What do you mean "complied in / loaded"? And I follow the instruction listed in: http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Xen_ARM_with_Virtualization_Extensions/CrossCompiling.
And I copy the compiled xen-tools files to the dom0 image (root FS, or .img file) with:
# rsync -avp dist/install/ /mnt/

Wei.
I'm still not clear why the system will halt when I type "xl list" or "xl create domU_config"?

Thanks!

Sincerely,
Xiaoguang