Re: [Xen-devel] XSAVE/XRSTOR crash resurgence in 4.3

>>> On 12.07.13 at 17:14, Ben Guthro <ben.guthro@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On other systems, with this same build, I see the debug output in the logs.
>
> However, it is absent on this system

Just looked over the debugging patch again, and can't see what
might be wrong with it. Following what you say there must be
something different between the hosts and/or guests between
those systems.

Are you, on the other systems, perhaps only ever seeing the
message added to xrstor(), which would also get printed for
64-bit HVM guests? If so, we may need to add another printk()
to the other case within that switch statement (albeit getting
there would seem to imply that on the matching xsave() run
the selectors would still have been non-null, or else one of the
printk()s should have got executed)...

And I take it, btw, that there's no migration or save/restore
involved here?

Jan