Re: [Xen-devel] XSAVE/XRSTOR crash resurgence in 4.3

>>> On 03.07.13 at 16:02, Ben Guthro <ben@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> We (XenClient Enterprise) recently updated our mainline development to
> xen 4.3, and noticed that the xsave/xrstor bug that crashes 32bit
> windows guests with the driver verifier enabled has re-emerged.
>
> From Mark Roddy:
> "The DOMU crash from last nights run  has this signature in the crash dump:
>
> Interrupt Service Routine A30BC91C has changed extended thread context.
> Context saved before executing ISR: 841C4380. Context saved after
> executing ISR: 841C5040.

So along with the two questions raised on IRC (Intel vs AMD CPU
and whether in your successful testing the XSA-52 and -53 fixes
were included), would it be possible to get the contents of the
two memory blocks pointed to (assuming you have a dump from
that crash)? I'd like to be certain that the situation is the same as
earlier, i.e. both selector fields are holding zero in the "after"
incarnation, as I still can't see what's wrong with the new code.

> It looks like we lost the fix for the XSAVE/XRSTOR"

If the above doesn't help, I may need to hand you a debugging
patch, mainly to see whether the current guest word size
determination is wrong in any way (as that's the main thing that
changed from the version you tested to the one that got checked
in, yet I continue to only see this as an improvement, not as
something that could have broken things).

Jan