Re: [Xen-devel] XSAVE/XRSTOR crash resurgence in 4.3

>>> Here's the crash with this patch
>>> I'm continuing to look at it, but if something jumps out at you,
>>> please let me know.
>>
>> Quite obvious: hvm_guest_x86_mode() has this assertion. Yet
>> the original, supposedly working patch had a use of this too iirc.
>
> It did...which is worrying.
>
> One difference here, is that 4.2 is running in debug=n mode, where 4.3
> is debug=y
>
> iirc, asserts are disabled on debug=n builds.

Oh, right. And in the context here the assertion triggering is
apparently wrong anyway. For the purpose of debugging the
issue at hand, I think it is safe to comment it out.

But then again I thought you had assertions always enabled in
XenServer.

Jan