[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [Xen-devel] Request for input: Extended event channel support

>>> On 29.03.13 at 14:05, Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk <konrad.wilk@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>  * What we need to know
>> What we're missing in order to make an informed decision is voices
>> from the community: If we delay the event channel scalability feature
>> until 4.4, how likely is this to be an issue?  Are there current users
>> or potential users of Xen who need to be able to scale past 200 VMs on
>> a single host, and who would end up choosing another hypervisor if
>> this feature were delayed?
> For this to work you also need the Linux side patches. That means
> that if you want to hit this in v3.10 merge window you have until
> April 15th to get it in. The reason is that I am out from
> April 20th, and the merge window will probably be open on May 1st.

I don't think upstream inclusion of the Linux side patches is a
requirement here. The patches need to exist (or else the code
can't be tested), but there's no need for them to be in 3.10 as
far as the interface selection if concerned.


Xen-devel mailing list



Lists.xenproject.org is hosted with RackSpace, monitoring our
servers 24x7x365 and backed by RackSpace's Fanatical Support®.