[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [Xen-devel] Request for input: Extended event channel support

On Tue, Apr 02, 2013 at 08:44:47AM +0100, Jan Beulich wrote:
> >>> On 29.03.13 at 14:05, Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk <konrad.wilk@xxxxxxxxxx> 
> >>> wrote:
> >>  * What we need to know
> >> 
> >> What we're missing in order to make an informed decision is voices
> >> from the community: If we delay the event channel scalability feature
> >> until 4.4, how likely is this to be an issue?  Are there current users
> >> or potential users of Xen who need to be able to scale past 200 VMs on
> >> a single host, and who would end up choosing another hypervisor if
> >> this feature were delayed?
> > 
> > For this to work you also need the Linux side patches. That means
> > that if you want to hit this in v3.10 merge window you have until
> > April 15th to get it in. The reason is that I am out from
> > April 20th, and the merge window will probably be open on May 1st.
> I don't think upstream inclusion of the Linux side patches is a
> requirement here. The patches need to exist (or else the code
> can't be tested), but there's no need for them to be in 3.10 as
> far as the interface selection if concerned.


Xen-devel mailing list



Lists.xenproject.org is hosted with RackSpace, monitoring our
servers 24x7x365 and backed by RackSpace's Fanatical Support®.