Re: [Xen-devel] [xen-unstable test] 11946: regressions - FAIL

On 07/05/2012 15:54, Jan Beulich wrote:
>> It appears we have two functions to dump the IO-APIC state:
>> __print_IO_APIC() which gets called on boot and from 'z', and
>> dump_ioapic_irq_info() which gets called from the end of 'i'.  These
>> should probably be consolidated somehow.
> Rather not - 'z' provides information on the IO-APIC that isn't
> directly related to specific interrupts, while 'i' (when it comes to
> the IO-APIC) is exclusively interested in the RTEs. Unless
> dump_ioapic_irq_info() is _fully_ redundant with 'z' (didn't check
> in detail yet), in which case I'd vote for removing this function.
>
> Jan

dump_ioapic_irq_info() loops through nr_irqs_gsi and uses irq_2_pin to
work out which io-apic RTE to read and decode.

__print_IO_APIC() loop through nr_ioapics, then through each RTE and
decodes it.  At the end, it loops through nr_irqs_gsi and matches irqs
to ioapic:pin pairs.

So they are probably different enough to be worth keeping.

~Andrew