Re: [Xen-devel] Xen 4.x / Linux 3.x (dom0 and HVM domU) and NIC handling

Ian,

--On 5 December 2011 16:10:54 +0000 Ian Campbell <Ian.Campbell@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Not sure how real the need for a mixed setup is.

Basically non-existent IMHO. The option to not use pv devices is more
for debugging or recovering in the case that you can't boot from the pv
device for some reason (e.g. because you aren't using LABEL/UUID= ;-)).

I think the question was 'mixed setup' which I mostly agree on.

There is plenty of reason to use emulated only setup, including that
the kernel on the image does not support pv drivers at all. There's
an awful lot of crud that runs on 2.6.18.

--
Alex Bligh

it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any
intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact
the sender and delete the material from any computer.