Re: [Xen-devel] Xen 4.x / Linux 3.x (dom0 and HVM domU) and NIC handling

Stefan,

--On 5 December 2011 15:55:49 +0100 Stefan Bader <stefan.bader@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Personally I would think nobody could want both
interfaces at the same time but I would not assume I know all of the use
cases.

There are no sensible use cases I know of for having both at the
same time, but there are use cases where either a P2V migration
is done (where the P installation has hardcoded root=/dev/sda) or where
a kernel upgrade is done to a kernel supporting PV drivers and
unplug, where the current behaviour of unplugging stuff is not
the policy of least surprise.

OTOH we've got Xen4 cloud images booting with Precise with unplug
better than kvm does, precisely because kvm leaves both around
(as you have probably gathered from a bug that I filed in another
place...)

--
Alex Bligh